Cuisine Style Tamilnadu
Cooking Time 45 minutes To Serve 4 Take with any side dish
Rice - 1 cup
Jeera (Cumin seed) - 10 gms
Ghee - 2 Tbsp
Pepper - 2 nos
Red Chilli - 3 nos
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Mustard seed - 1 tbsp
• Boil the rice in less water and spread it in a big plate.
• Heat the ghee in a pan, Dry roast Cumin seed.
• Coarse grind half quantity of the cumin seed and keep it
• Heat the pan, splutter mustard seed.
• Add curry leaves, Asafoetida, Red chilli and fry for 2
• Mix cooked rice.
• Add coarse ground and dry roasted cumin seed.
• Pour 1 tbsp of gee then mix well.
• Add salt to taste.
Note: Use fresh ghee. Tips: 2 to 3 ground pepper will add extra taste.