RAW JACKFRUIT CURRY RECIPE
Raw Jackfruit Curry is a traditional specialty of Andhra Pradesh and prepared especially on weddings.
• 1 raw Jackfruit (fresh or canned)
• 3 tsp Tamarind Pulp
• 4 Green Chilies
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 2 tsp Oil
• Salt (to taste)
• 1 tsp Chana Dal
• 1 tsp Urad Dal
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 4 to 5 Curry Leaves
• 2 Dry Red Chilies
• 2 tsp Groundnuts
• Slice and cut the jackfruit into small pieces.
• Place the pieces in water and add turmeric powder. Boil for
15 minutes, till they turn soft.
• Heat oil in a large pan and add chana dal, urad dal, mustard
seeds, curry leaves, red chilies and ground nuts.
• When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add green chilies,
tamarind pulp, jackfruit pieces and salt and stir well.
• Let the mixture cook for 5 minutes.
• Serve hot with rice.