CHANA USLI RECIPE -
Chana Usli is a very delicious and popular recipe of Karnataka.
• 1 cup Black Chick Peas (chane)
• ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1 pinch Asafoetida
• 5 Curry Leaves
• 4 Green Chilies
• ¼ tsp Sugar
• 3 tbsp Fresh/ Frozen Coconut
• 2 tsp Oil
• Salt, to taste
• 3 cups Water
• Take a bowl and pour 3 cups of water in it. Put black
chick peas in the water and soak them overnight.
• In the morning, cook the chick peas in the pressure
cooker, until soft.
• When done, remove from flame and let steam pass out of
• Take a frying pan and heat oil in it.
• Put mustard seeds in it and when the seeds start to
crackle, add curry leaves, green chilies and asafoetida
• Put cooked chick peas, salt and sugar in it and cook
for about 6 minutes.
• Garnish it with coconut and serve.