Moong Halwa is a palatable recipe.
65 cals per serving.
• 1 cup (236 ml) Nuts mixed (finely chopped)
• 6 pods Green Cardamom Split
• 1 cup Split (Yellow) Moong dhal
• 1/2 cup (236 ml) Ghee
• 2 cups (472ml) Water
• 1 cup (236 ml) Khoya
• 3/4 cups Sugar (as your sweet tooth demands)
• Soak Moong dal overnight.
• Next morning, grind to a smooth paste without adding
• Make sugar syrup of 1/3 consistency.
• Add the split cardamom pods to the syrup.
• Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan on a medium flame.
• Put the moong dal paste to this ghee and stir to mix.
• Cook the moong dal till it begins to turn golden and
release its aroma.
• Add the khoya and mix well.
• Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
• Add the sugar syrup and mix to blend.
• Cook on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
• Put dried fruits and cook for another 2 minutes.
• Turn of the flame and garnish with roasted nuts and serve.