• 1 cup Wheat Germ (dalia)
• 1 tbsp Almonds & Pistachios (chopped)
• 1 ½ cup Sugar or 2 cups Jaggery
• 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
• 3 cups Water
• 1 cup Ghee
• Heat ghee in a heavy pan and then add wheat germ to it.
Stir and cook till germ turns golden and aroma starts to
• In the meantime, melt sugar or jaggery in 1 cup water.
Keep it aside.
• Boil and add remaining water to roasted wheat germ. Stir
gently and cook it till the grain of the germ turns soft.
• Now add sugar or jaggery mixture to the cooked wheat germ.
• Add cardamom and chopped almonds & pistachios to the
• Stir the mixture thoroughly and simmer covered, with
• Cook till the ghee separates from the preparation.
• Lapsee is ready. Serve hot.