Jaiselmeri Chane Jaisalmeri Chane is tasty spicy chance cooked in yogurt.
• 1 cup Bengal Gram (Chana)
• 1 1/2 cups Yogurt
• 4 tsp Gram Flour (besan)
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
• 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
• 2 tsp Coriander Powder
• 3-4 Green Chillies (chopped)
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 4 tbsp Pure Ghee
• Salt to taste
• 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
• Soak bengal gram overnight in sufficient water. Drain
and pressure cook the grams in sufficient water till soft. Drain
the water and store it aside.
• In a bowl, take the chanas and mash them lightly.
• In a different bowl, take yogurt, gram flour, turmeric powder,
salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder
and mix well taking care not to form any lumps.
• Add green chillies and mix. Add one cup of the reserved liquid
• In a pan, heat the ghee and add asafoetida, cumin seeds to it
and cook till light brown.
• Pour in the yogurt mixture and stir well.
• Once cooked, add gram, salt and leftover water. Bring it to a
boil and cook for five minutes.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.