Ka Amlana Imli Ka Amlana is a tangy refreshing cool drink to beat the heat in the summer.
• 4 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
• 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
• 1 1/2 tsp Black Salt (kala namak)
• 1/3 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
• 1/3 tsp Black Pepper Powder
• 3 tsp Carom Seeds Powder (ajwain)
• 6 tbsp Sugar
• Salt to taste
• 8 – 10 Fresh Mint Leaves (chopped)
• Take the tamarind pulp in a big bowl and add five cups of
water to it and stir well to mix.
• In a mixer, grind together black salt, pepper powder, green
cardamom powder, roasted cumin powder, roasted carom seed powder,
sugar and salt into a fine powder.
• Mix this grounded spices to the tamarind water and stir well.
Refrigerate for some time.
• Take tall sherbet glasses and pour out the tamarind drink.
• Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.