Mahahrashtrian Fish Gravy Maharashtrian Fish Gravy is usually served with steamed rice and deep fried savory buns.
• 500 gm Slices of any white fish cleaned
• 2 tsp Red chilli powder
• 2 tbsp Tamarind paste
• 2 tsp Garlic paste
• 1 tsp Coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp Asafoetida powder
• 1 Green chilli, slit
• 2 Flakes garlic crushed
• 1 tbsp Oil
• 1/2 Cup coconut milk
• Water as required
• Salt to taste
• Wash the fish slices properly.
• Marinate them in a mixture of red chilli powder, tamarind
paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt
for 15 minutes.
• Take a heavy-bottomed pan and heat the oil in it.
• Add the crushed garlic, asafoetida and green chilli to it.
• Add the marinated fish and some water.
• Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the fish is almost cooked.
• Slowly stir in the coconut milk and bring it to a boil on low
• Cover and cook over low heat for about 4 minutes until the fish
is well-cooked but firm.