Raita Baingan Raita is a very popular recipe.
• 2 Egg plant
• 1 Cup yoghurt
• 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 Inch piece ginger, peeled
• 2 Garlic cloves
• 2 Green chillies
• 1 Small red onion
• 1 tsp Dry roasted and ground cumin
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• Small bunch of coriander leaves
• Salt to taste
• Make one small cut on the side of each aubergine (Baingan)
helping steam to escape and stop the aubergine from bursting
• Smear oil on the aubergine and roast in a grill, keep turning
over frequently for thirty minutes or till it becomes very soft
• Allow it to cool.
• Peel the skin off and remove the stalks.
• Now place the flesh with all other ingredients in a food
processor and process until blends and mixed well. But, donot
turns them into a paste.
• Add the mix to the yoghurt and fold it in.
• Garnish with a few coriander leaves (chopped) and a drizzle of
• Serve cool.