for 3 servings
- 2 1/4 cups chopped spinach (palak)
- 3/4 cup fenugreek (methi) leaves leaves
- a pinch baking soda
- 25 mm (1") piece ginger (adrak) , finely chopped
- 1 onion , chopped
- 3 green chillies , chopped
- 100 gms sliced low fat paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
How To ?
• In a deep pan, cook the spinach and fenugreek along with
water and 2 tsp soda bi-carb and cook on a slow flame until
• When cooked, drain out the water and blend the leaves in a
remove from the flame, drain out the excess water and blend in a
mixer to a smooth puree.
• Heat the oil in non-stick pan, add the onions and saute on a
medium flame for 1 minute.
• Add the green chillies and ginger and saute again for a few
• Add the pureed leaves, paneer and salt, mix well and cook on a
medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Serve hot.