- 2 cup semolina (suji)
1 cup sour curd (dahi)
- 1/2 tsp salt (namak)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 10-12 curry leaves (kadi
- 1 tsp meetha soda
- 2 tsp oil
For Stuffing :
- 1 cup pea seeds (matar)
1/2 tsp salt (namak)
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder (lal
- a pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tbsp oil
• Mix salt and dahi in suji and make a thick
batter using water.
• Cover it and leave for 1 hour.
• Boil alu, peel and mash properly.
• Boil matar also and mash them.
• Heat oil in a pan and add alu, matar, namak, lal mirch, haldi
and dhania powder and fry for a minute.
• Now heat oil again and crackle rai, curry leaves in it.
• Then add meetha soda.
• Add this to the idli mixture.
• Now grease idli mould with oil and put a little of the above
mixture in it.
• Then put alu mixture.
• Then again put idli mixture to cover the stuffing.
• Boil 2 glass water in a pressure cooker and place idli mould
• Cover it and let it whistle.
• Cook at high flame for 10 minutes and then remove it from the
• Open it and take out idli mould after 2 minutes.
• Serve hot idlis with coconut chutney and sambhar.