4 slices whole wheat bread
4 tsp grated cottage cheese
For the curry
- ½ cup finely chopped boiled vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower,
green peas, french beans, capsicum)
- 1/4 cup potatoes , boiled and mashed lightly
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 pinches garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
To ?1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the
onions and cook till the onions turn translucent.
2. Add the vegetables, potatoes, green chilies, chili powder,
garam masala, coriander and salt and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
3. Remove and cool.
4. Toast the bread slices till they are slightly crisp.
5. Pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture on each toast.
6. Top with a teaspoon of grated cheese.
7. Grill in a pre-heated oven approx. 200°C (400°F) till brown
spots appear on the cheese.
8. Serve hot.