- Plain/Brown Rice - 250 gms, cooked
- Cinnamon – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Brown Cardamom – 2
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Groundnut - 50 gms
- Red Chilli – 2
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
- Tomato – 4
- Garlic - 4 to 5 flakes
- Onion – 2
- Ginger - a small piece
- Coriander Leaves - 1 tsp, chopped
- Bay Leaf - 2
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp.
- Oil - as required
- Salt as per taste
- Chop tomatoes, onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Peel off the skin from the ginger.
- Grind ginger, 2 to 3 garlic flakes, red chilli, brown
cardamom, cinnamon, fennel seeds, cloves and 1 tsp of onion
smoothly with water.
- Pour oil in a pan.
- Fry the groundnut separately and then fry the bay leaves,
remaining garlic and onion till they turn brown.
- Add tomatoes.
- Mix the ground masala, turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir well.
- Add groundnut and coriander leaves.
- Mix rice.
- Add a little ghee and stir well.
- Serve hot