Chaman Veth Chaman is a delicious paneer recipe ideal to be served with rice and rotis.
• 1 Kg Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
• 1½ cup Mustard oil
• 5 Cloves
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• ¼ tsp Asafoetida
• 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
• 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 cup Curd, beaten
• ½ cup Milk
• 1 tsp Ginger Powder
• 2 tsp Aniseed Powder
• 1 tsp Mixed Coriander and Cumin Seed Powder
• 1 tsp Mixed Big Cardamom, Cinnamon and Black Pepper Powder
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• Salt, to taste
• Water, as required
• Take paneer in a bowl and slice into cubes.
• Take a heavy bottomed pan and deep fry the paneer until it
turns into golden brown.
• Now, take another pan, pour milk and a cup of water in it and
• When boiled, put 1 tsp of turmeric powder, a pinch of
asafoetida and salt in it. Add fried panner in it and let it cook
on medium heat for half an hour.
• Now, heat oil in a pan and add cloves, Cumin Seeds and the left
asafoetida in it and mix it for a minute. Put chili Powder, 1 tsp
of turmeric and a tsp of water in it and saute again till the oil
• Put beaten curd in it and stir till the curd blends with the
• Now, put this mixture to the boiling paneer, add ginger powder,
aniseed powder and coriander- cumin seed powder in it and stir
well so that no lumps are formed.
• When the oil starts to separate and the gravy thickens, add big
cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper powder and garam masala and
mix well again for 2 minutes.
• Serve hot with rice or rotis.