Palak Nadier Palak is a very nutritious and delicious recipe.
• 250 g Lotus Roots (chopped in circles)
• 1 kg Spinach (washed and shredded)
• 4 tbsp Mustard Oil
• ½ tbsp Ginger Powder
• 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
• Pinch of Asafoetida
• 1tsp Cumin Seeds
• 3 Cloves
• 1 tsp Turmeric
• ½ tbsp Aniseed Powder
• ½ cup Curd
• ½ tsp Garam Masala
• 3 Green Chilies (chopped)
• ¾ cup Green Coriander (chopped)
• First clean the lotus stems fully and wash it with lots
of water, to remove dirt.
• Now fry the lotus stems after they have dried up in the mustard
oil. Keep them aside.
• Put in the add cumin, asafoetida and cloves in the same oil.
• After a minute add turmeric, red chili powder with a spoon of
• Add spinach now and fry it for 3 minutes.
• Put lotus stems and curd. Stir and fry for another minute. Add
a cup of water after that.
• Cook for 10 minutes and keep turning in between.
• Now add garam masala and cook for 30 seconds more.
• Garnish it with coriander and chilies.