Pulao Modur Pulao is a delicious and aromatic recipe that leaves you craving for more.
• 2 cup Long Grain Basmati Rice
• 2 cup Sugar
• ½ cup Ghee
• ½ tsp Whole Cardamoms
• ½ tsp Cloves
• ½ tsp Black Peppercorns
• ½ tsp Cinnamon
• 5 bay Leaves
• 5 Saffron Strands
• ½ cup Almonds, blanched and split
• ½ cup Raisins
• ½ cup Dry Coconut Slivers
• ½ cup Dried Dates
• Water, as required
• 2 tsp Milk
• Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside.
• Take a large pan and boil 8 cups of water in it. Put rice in it
and let it cook.
• When cooked (3/4th prepared), drain the rice and set it aside.
• In the meantime, soak saffron strands in 2 tsp milk and mix it
to make a paste.
• Heat ghee in a large pan and put all the spices in it except
saffron. Allow it to sizzle a bit.
• Now, add sugar and 1/3 cup of water in it and stir well.
• Put all the dry fruits in it and stir well again.
• Now, add cooked rice in it along with saffron liquid and mix it
• Cover it and let it cook for an hour.
• When cooked, mix it gently to separate the rice grains and