Kabargah The Kabargah is a scrumptious non vegetarian treat from the Kashmiri cuisine.
• 1 kg Lamb Ribs, 3 inch x 5 inch pieces
• 2½ cups Milk
• 3 Black Cardamom (badi elaichi), crushed
• 2 Cinnamon (dalchini), 1 inch sticks
• 4 Cloves (laung)
• 2 Bay Leaves (tej patta)
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• ¼ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
• 2 tsp Salt
• 1½ cups Ghee
• ½ cup Yoghurt (dahi)
• ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
• 5 - 6 Silver Leaves (varq)
• Take a pot and put lamb ribs in it along with milk,
black cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves, bay leaves, garam masala,
asafoetida, and salt. Allow it to cook till the milk is absorbed.
• Remove from the heat and place the ribs to a large plate. Keep
• Take a pan and heat ghee in it. Whisk it with yoghurt, red
chili powder, and a little salt until it turns smooth in
• Now, dip each rib into the yoghurt mixture and fry till it gets
a rich brown color. Drain excess oil and transfer to a serving
• Garnish it silver leaves and serve hot, as a snack or as part
of the main course.