Hogada Ta Hak Ya Bum Hogada Ta Hak Ya Bum is a very famous recipe from the Kashmiri cuisine.
• 250 g Dried Fish (Hogada)
• 125 g Hak Leaves (Karam Sag) or Bum
• ½ cup Mustard Oil
• 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
• ½ tsp Salt
• ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
• ¼ tsp Asafeotida
• ½ tsp Garam Masala
• Clean the skin of the fish and cut the fins of the
• Roast the fish on a smokeless flame and then cut it into
• Weed out the clean hak leaves, chop it and wash. Soak it for
half an hour in hot water and squeeze out water from it before
• Now, take a heavy bottomed pan and heat oil in it on medium
flame. Carefully add half liter water in it along with salt,
turmeric powder, chili powder and asafeotida. Bring it to boil.
• When boiled, put prepared dried fish pieces and hak leaves in
it. Cook it for half an hour while stirring occasionally.
• Remove from the flame when both fish and hak is softa and put
garam masala in it.
• Serve hot with rice.