Baingan Tikka The Baingan Tikka is a delicious treat from the Kashmiri cuisine.
• 6 large Brinjals
• 2 Onions, chopped
• ¼ cup French Beans, chopped
• ¼ cup Green Peas
• 1 Carrot
• 2 Potatoes
• 2 Tomatoes
• 1 bunch Coriander Leaves
• 1 bunch Mint Leaves
• 1 ½ piece Ginger
• 5 Cloves Garlic
• ½ tsp Cumin Powder
• ½ tsp Coriander Powder
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 1 Lemon Juice
• Oil, for frying
• Salt, to taste
• Boil potatoes, peel and mash it and keep it aside.
• Slit the brinjals horizontally and grill until it is half
cooked. Now, scoop out the pulp and keep the shell aside.
• Take a bowl and grind leaves, mint, ginger, garlic and salt to
make a smooth paste.
• Now, take a saucepan and heat oil in it. Put chopped onions in
it and fry it till it turns golden brown.
• Add ground paste to this mixture and fry till the oil leaves
the sides. Put carrots, beans, peas, potatoes and brinjal pulp
and fry it for 6- 7 minutes.
• Now, put turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam
masala with salt in it and fry well.
• Put lemon juice in it and remove from the flame.
• Now, use it as filling in each brinjal shell and roast in a
grill. Serve hot.