Khaman Dhokla A healthy version of dhokla, Soya Khaman Dhokla is prepared from Bengal gram flour and soya flour.
• ¾ cup Bengal Gram Flour (besan)
• ¼ cup Soya Flour
• 1½ tbsp Semolina (rawa)
• ½ tsp Citric Acid (nimbu ke phool)
• 3 ½ tsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Green Chili-Ginger Paste
• 1½ tsp Fruit Salt
• Salt, to taste
• 1 tbsp Coriander, chopped (garnishing)
• Green Chutney (serving)
• ½ tsp Mustard Seeds (rai)
• ½ tsp Sesame Seeds (til)
• 2 Green Chilies, chopped
• A Pinch of Asafetida (hing)
• 2 tsp Oil
• Except the fruit salt, mix all the ingredients listed
under the batter. Use enough water to form a thick batter.
• To the batter, add in the fruit salt, sprinkle a little water
and mix the batter well. The mixture will start rising
• Grease a thali, pour the mixture in the thali and steam it for
about 10 minutes.
• To prepare the tempering, heat oil in a pan. Add in the mustard
seeds, sesame seeds, green chilies and asafetida. When the seeds
start to crackle, add 1 tablespoon of water and pour this
tempering over the steamed dhokla immediately.
• Cut the dhokla into pieces and garnish with chopped coriander.
• Serve hot with nutritious green chutney.