Rice Khichu is a traditional Gujarati dish made of rice and flavoured with spices.
• 1 cup Rice Flour
• ½ tsp Green Chillies (chopped)
• ¼ tsp Chilli Powder
• 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)
• ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
• ¼ tsp Soda-Bi-Carb
• A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
• 2 tbsp Oil
• Salt to taste
• Take a wide vessel (handi) and put 2 ½ cups of water in
• Put it over the flame and bring it to boil.
• Now add chilli powder, cumin seeds, soda-bi-carb, green
chillies, salt and a pinch of hing into it.
• Mix well and let it boil for few minutes.
• Now slowly add rice flour and keep stirring so that no lumps
• Cover the vessel with a lid and cook for 10 more minutes.
• Now put oil and coriander and mix it properly.
• Serve hot Rice Khichu with papad.