Mohanthaal Recipe Mohanthaal is a popular Gujarati sweet dish that adds to the flavor of all occasions.
• 2 cups Gram Flour (Besan)
• 1/2 cup Milk
• 1 1/2 cup Ghee
• 2 cups Sugar
• 5 - 6 strands Saffron (Kesar)
• 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
• 10 Almonds (blanched and slivered)
• 10 Pistachios (blanched and slivered)
• In a bowl, take gram flour, milk and three tablespoon
of ghee and mix well. Cover and keep aside for two hours.
• Now gently rub the mixture to resemble breadcrumbs.
• Grease a thali.
• In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the remaining ghee and cook the
gramflour mixture, till brown and gives out a nice aroma.
• Add green cardamom powder to the gramflour mixture and cook.
• In another pan, take two cups of water and sugar and cook till
it gives out a one-stringed consistency. Add saffron and mix.
• Add the sugar syrup to the gram flour mixture and cook till the
syrup is absorbed and the mixture gets thick and dry.
• Grease a thali and spread out the mixture evenly on it.
• Add pistachios and set aside to cool.
• Cut into squares.