Hair Care (Shampooing | Conditioning)
Most people want their hair silky and shiny. No matter what the type of
hair they have, be it straight, curly, long, short, oily, dry, thin or
thick all want their hair to look good and manageable.
Shampooing is to wash, cleanse and remove all dirt or other impurities
from the scalp and hair. Shampooing can be done as often (ideally every
alternate day) as required to keep the hair clean and healthy, as long
as you condition regularly. The selection of the shampoo should depend
upon the hair type.
Egg shampoo is good for dry hair but avoid products which contain
alcohol as they will dry out the hair even further. Look for shampoos
that contain oils like coconut. Moisturizing type shampoos tend to coat
the hair and trap the moisture inside the hair shaft.
Oily hair needs some mild shampoo. Avoid scrubbing or over massage. It
is better to rinse thoroughly with Luke warm water. If the hair is too
oily, add lemon juice in Luke warm water and rinse. The best shampoo's
to use for this type of hair is the one that contains panthenol.
Preparing the hair for shampooing:
• Before wetting your hair for shampooing, comb through with a wide
toothed comb to prevent tangles.
• Mix the water to a comfortable temperature.
• Wet the hair and scalp thoroughly.
• Apply the shampoo to the hair by first pouring it into your hand and
• Apply with the hands and fingers, massage firmly in rotating and
circular movements. Massage the whole head.
• Rinse the hair and scalp thoroughly and carefully.
• Dry the hair gently. Don't rub just blot the wet hair with a towel and
then smooth the towel along the length of your hair.
• Avoid blow drying as far as possible
A conditioner is a hair moisturizer and is used after shampooing. All
types of hair have to be conditioned to keep it shiny and flexible.
Conditioning is especially useful for dry hair. It adds to the natural
oil supply and gives dry hair, shine as well as bounce and strength. For
oily hair, use conditioner only on the ends of your hair. Conditioning
is a way of giving the hair a more intense kind of nourishing treatment.
It helps to protect hair from counter acting dryness, making it smooth
and easier to manage.
Method of Conditioning
1. After shampooing gently squeeze the excess water.
2. Comb the hair with the fingers or with wide toothed comb from the
roots to the ends gently. Remove tangles.
3. Apply little conditioner and rub the conditioner through the hair
with the fingers. Never rub on the scalp.
4. Keep it on the hair for 5 minutes
5. Now gently massage the hair to loosen the conditioner.
6. Rinse the hair and remove all traces of conditioner. Now dry the
Conditioners used for different types of Hair
• Damaged hair - Protein Conditioner
• Dry hair - Moisturizing or Intensive Conditioner
• Oily hair - Any normal (oil free) conditioner
Compiled By: India Diets Team
protein at every meal, including breakfast.
Eliminate wheat- and flour-based products for the time being.
Reduce starch to one portion a day, and don't eat that portion during your
Apples, pears, plums and berries all are good choices. Bananas are not.
Reduce or eliminate dairy for the time being, especially cow's milk.