Tousali Tousali is a South Indian recipe, with cucumber and rice as main ingredients.
• 1¼ cup Raw Rice
• 1 cup Cucumber, grated
• ¾ cup Coconut, grated
• 2 tsp Sugar
• 5½ tbsp Curd
• 4 tbsp Ghee, melted
• Salt, to taste
• ¼ cup Gud (jaggery), grated
• 5½ cups Coconut, grated
• 1 tsp Green Cardamom powder
• Soak the raw rice for a period of about 4 hours, in a bowl
containing lukewarm water.
• Drain the water and wash the rice with fresh water. Next,
grind the rice, along with the coconut, to get a smooth even
• To the paste, add the grated cucumber, salt, curd and sugar
and mix properly.
• Check for the consistency of the paste. If you find it too
thick, you can add a little water to adjust the thickness.
• Set the bowl aside for a period of about 4 hours.
• On medium flame, heat a non-stick tava and lightly grease it
• Using a ladle, pour some batter over the hot tava and spread
it evenly, to get a 3 to 4 mm thick dosa.
• Cover the dosa with a lid and cook one side over a slow
flame, till the base becomes crisp and golden brown in color.
• Remove the tousali from the tava and continue the process
for the remaining batter.
• For the churna, melt the gud in a saucepan and add in the
green cardamom and grated coconut. Mix well.
• Once done, remove it from the heat and allow the mixture to
cool for some time.
• Serve the tousali hot, with the churna.