Cuisine Style Karnataka
Cooking Time 30 minutes
To Serve 4 Take with pickle or pappad
Rava (sooji)- 1 cup
Water- 1 1/2 cups
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Chana dal (Bengal gram)- 1 tsp
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Onion - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Lime juice - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies -5
Few curry leaves
Salt to taste
2-3 tbs Oil
• Roast the rava.
• In a pan heat oil put mustard seed and let it splutter.
• Then put urad dal, chana dal, and green chilies and curry
• Fry for 2 minutes with chopped onions.
• Now put cubed tomatoes then fry for some time.
• Sprinkle sambhar powder, turmeric powder then mix well.
• Pour water and put salt.
• Mix lime stir well.
• Close the pan and boil the mixture.
• After boiling pour rava into the mixture and mix well.
• Stir constantly to avoid lumps.
• Garnish with coriander leaves
Note: We are not using ginger as we use in Uppuma or
Uppittu. Tips: You can add peanuts.