• 1 green Mango (cubed)
• 1 medium Red Onion (sliced into big chunks)
• 3/4 cup Toor Dal
• 1 tsp Chili Powder
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric
• 1/2 cup Water
• 1 tsp Peanut Oil or Ghee
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds, Cumin, Urad Dal, Chana Dal
• 4 to 6 dried Red Chili Pieces
• Curry Leaves as required
• 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Pressure cook toor dal, mango, onion, chili powder and
turmeric powder along with water for 3 whistles. Let it
• Take out the lid once the pressure is totally gone and
add salt into the mixture.
• Mash the mixture well until the dal turns into a fine
• In small skillet heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin
seeds, urad dal and chana dal. Let it splutter.
• Into it add red chilies, garlic and curry leaves. Fry
it for a while.
• Pour the tadka or Pope into the mashed mango-toor dal
• Your mango dal is ready!