• Peel off pumpkin and slice into pieces and boil till
• Grate coconut and keep 1/4 aside.
• Fry 1/4 th of of the grated coconut till brown.
• Grind 3/4 th of grated coconut with cumin seed and
pepper to fine paste.
• Take this ground paste in a pan and heat it.
• Add turmeric powder and mix well.
• Put boiled pumpkin in this mixture.
• Boil in lower flame until raw smell goes off.
• Adjust gravy with water.
• Now add the fried coconut.
• Take out of the flame and keep it aside.
• Heat coconut oil in other pan and put mustard seed. Let
• Put curry leaves.
• Mix erissery with seasoning.
• Serve hot with steamed rice.
Note: You can use Yam instead of pumpkin.
Tips: You can use coconut milk instead of water.