• ½ kg Chembu (Colocasia/ Arvi)
• 1 cup Coconut (scraped)
• ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
• 2 Green Chilies
• 1 Garlic (small)
• ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
• 1 stem Curry Leaves
• 2 Dry Red Chilies
• ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
• Water (for cooking)
• Salt (to taste)
• Peel the chembu. Wash well and cut into small pieces.
• Place it in a cooker and add enough water, salt and
turmeric powder. Pressure cook it.
• Grind coconut, cumin seeds, green chilies and garlic
pods in a blender, to form a smooth paste.
• Add this paste to the cooked chembu and add the
• Boil the mixture for 1 minute.
• Heat coconut oil in a saucepan and add mustard seeds.
• When they start spluttering, add dry red chilies and
• Let them fry for a minute and add this to the chembu
curry prepared earlier.
• Serve hot.