Ram Khichdi is delicious and healthy food recipe from the Rajasthani cuisine
• 1 cup Split Yellow Gram (yellow moong dal)
• 1 cup Rice
• 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
• 3 Brinjal, diced
• 2 Potatoes, peeled and diced
• ¾ cup French Beans
• 2 Onions, diced
• ½ cup Green Peas
• ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
• 3 Cloves
• 2 sticks Cinnamon
• 2 Bay Leaves
• ½ tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
• 1 tsp Chili Powder
• ½ tsp Garam Masala
• ½ cup Ghee
• Salt, to taste
• 4 cup Water
• Wash and soak dal and rice for 10 minutes. Drain it and
keep it aside.
• Take a pressure cooker and heat ghee in it.
• When hot, add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves
and mix till the seeds start to crackle.
• Now, put all the vegetables (brinjal, potatoes, green peas,
French beans, onion and cauliflower florets), turmeric powder,
chili powder, garam masala and salt in it and mix well again for
• Put drained rice and dal in it and stir well for 2 more
• Add 4 cups of water in cooker, stir well and replace the
pressure cooker lid.
• Allow it to cook on medium flame, till it gives three whistles.
• Remove from the flame and let the steam escape before opening
• Serve hot with raita and pappad.