Marwari Gatta Kadi
A popular Rajasthani recipe, Marwari Gatta Kadhi is different from the Punjabi Kadhi.
• 1 tbsp Vegetable Fat or Ghee
• ½ tsp Coriander Seeds
• Oil (for deep frying)
• A pinch of Baking Powder
• 2 cups Coriander Leaves (chopped)
• 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
• 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 2 cups Bengal Gram Flour (Besan)
• 4 Curry Leaves
• Salt (to taste)
• ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
• 2 cups Yoghurt
• 1 tsp Green Chilies (chopped)
• Mix besan, keeping two tablespoons aside for kadhi, with
baking powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chili powder
• Add water little at a time to form hard dough.
• Knead the dough well and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
• Divide the dough into four equal portions, roll them out
in cylindrical shape and boil them in salted water until
• Remove the pieces and cut them into smaller pieces.
• Deep-fry the pieces in medium hot oil until they achieve a
light brown color.
• Remove and keep aside.
• Mix the remaining 2 tablespoon besan with yoghurt
• Place a large cooking pan on heat and add ghee.
• Add in the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies,
curry leaves and stir for a while.
• Add in the besan and yoghurt mixture, 1 tsp red chili
powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and fry on low heat for a few
minutes. Stir continuously.
• Mix in water and fry until the mixture forms a medium
• Add salt according to your taste.
• Add in the fried pieces and bring the mixture to a boil.
• Remove from heat, garnish with chopped coriander leaves
and serve hot.