• First, slit karelas horizontally and remove the seeds.
• Chop them into big enough pieces.
• Add salt and mix the karelas well. Set them aside for an
• Heat the oil in pan and roast sesame seeds until they
• Remove and keep aside.
• Heat one teaspoon oil in kadai and add coriander and cumin
seeds to it.
• Next add red chilies and fry for a minute.
• To this mixture, add coconut and fry again for a minute.
• Grind sesame seeds and other fried spices with a little
water to form a thick paste.
• Wash well karela pieces with water and cook them in oil
• Now add tamarind pulp, jaggery and the masala paste to the
• Mix well.
• Add salt and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.