Kalmi Vadas are popular Rajasthani snack, made with gram flour.
• ½ cup Chana Dal
• ¼ cup Onions, chopped
• ½ tsp Green Chilli Paste
• ½ tsp Ginger Paste
• ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
• 5 to 6 Cloves-Garlic
• ½ tsp Aniseeds
• 1 tsp Coriander Seeds, roasted and powdered
• Salt to taste
• Oil (as required)
• Soak the chana dal overnight in water.
• Blend the soaked dal with garlic, ginger and green chilli
into a fine paste.
• Add to this chilli powder, onions, coriander powder,
aniseeds and salt. Mix properly.
• Take small portion of the paste and give it the shape of a
• Heat oil in a pan and fry the vada till it turns light
• Now, cut this vada into two equal halves and again deep
fry til it turns brown.
• Serve Kalmi Vadas with chutney or ketchup!!