• Mix flour, ghee, milk and 3 cups of water to make a
• Dissolve colour in the remaining water.
• Mix the coloured water to batter.
• Take an aluminium or steel cylindrical container.
• Cylinder should have a height of at least 12", and a diameter
• Fill half of the cylinder with ghee and heat.
• Once the ghee is hot, pour a glass of batter in the centre of
• Allow foam to settle.
• Pour a glassful of batter in ghee again.
• Once the foam gets settled again, place ghewar on mesh.
• Prepare sugar syrup of one tar consistency.
• Dip ghevar in syrup so as to remove the extra oil.
• Keep it for cooling.
• Pour few drops of saffron water.
• Sprinkle chopped almonds, pistachios and cardamom powder.
• Ghevar is ready.