Gavarfali Ki Subzi The tasty Gavarfali ki Subzi is easy to prepare and belongs to the Rajasthani cuisine.
• 1 cup Cluster Beans (gavarfali)
• ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
• ½ tsp Mustard Seeds (rai)
• ¼ tsp Asafetida (hing)
• ½ tsp Fennel Seeds (saunf)
• 5 Curry Leaves
• 1 tbsp Oil
• Salt to taste
For Curd Mixture • ½ cup Curd (yoghurt)
• 2 tsp Coriander Powder (dhania)
• 2 tsp Chili Powder
• ¼ tsp Bengal Gram Flour (besan)
• Salt (to taste)
• Start with removing the ends and edged fibre from the
gavarfali (cluster beans).
• Wash the gavarfali and cook it in pressure cooker. Remove from
the flame after 2 whistles and keep it aside.
• Now, take a bowl and make curd mixture in it, by mixing curd,
coriander powder, chili powder, gram flour and salt in it. Whisk
• Take a pan and heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds,
asafetida and fennel seeds. Saute them till they start crackling.
• Now, add the curd mixture, curry leaves, 2 tbsp of water and
salt and stir continuously.
• Mix well and cook the ingredients for a few more minutes.
• Your delicious gavarfali ki sabzi is ready to be served with