Chakki Besan Chakki is a very popular recipe.
Serves: 4 208.6 cals per serving
• 1 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
• 1 cup Sugar
• ¼ cup Ghee
• ½ cup Khoya (khova)
• 1/2 cup Water
• Heat ghee in a wide bottomed pan, and roast the Besan
on medium heat till the raw smell of besan disappears and it
turns a light golden color.
• Add the khoya to it and mix it well to remove any lumps in it.
• Take sugar in a separate bowl, add about ½ cup of water to it
• Boil it for about 7-8 mins or till it reaches a thick 2-string
• Slowly, add the Besan-Khoya mixture to the sugar syrup
• Keep stirring it continuously till it forms one big mass and
the ghee oozes out of the mixture.
Suggestions: Spread it onto a greased plate and cut it into
pieces before it cools down and enjoy.