Karanjis Mattar Karanjis is a very popular Maharashtrian recipe.
• ½ tsp Salt
• 2 tbsp Oil
• Salt to taste
• 1-½ cup Maida
• Oil for deep frying
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1-½ cup Peas (crushed)
• 2 tsp Green Chillies (chopped)
• 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
• Mix the maida, salt and oil (2 tbsp), and knead to make stiff
dough. Keep it aside.
• To make the filling, heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
When seeds start spluttering, add green chillies, coriander, peas
and salt to the oil. Cook for a few minutes and put off the flame.
• Now, divide the dough into small rounds of equal sizes.
• Roll out each ball into small rounds of 3 inches and place 2 tsp
of filling on one half of the round, wet the edges with fingers and
fold over. Press to seal.
• Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the karanjis until crisp and
• Put off the flame, take out the karanjis. Drain excess oil on
• Mattar Karanjis are ready to eat. Serve hot.