Halwa Bombay Halwa is a very popular recipe
• 1 cup Ghee
• 1/3 cup Sago
• 1/3 cup plain Flour
• 2/3 cup Corn Flour
• 4 cups Sugar
• 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 2 tsp Cardamom Powder
• 1 cup crushed assorted Nuts (cashews, pistachios, almonds,
• Foods colors (green, yellow, orange, or red)
• Soak sago in 2 cups water overnight.
• Combine plain flour and corn flour. Soak overnight in 2 cups
• Make thick syrup from 1½ cups water and sugar, boiling and
stirring on medium heat.
• Add lemon juice and stir.
• Combine sago with flour mixture and pour into a non-sticky pan on
• Add 1 tsp ghee, alternating with 1 tsp syrup, to the flour mix,
until both the ingredients remain half of their actual volume.
• Add a pinch of color and cardamom powder, stirring constantly.
• Add the remaining ghee and syrup in the same manner, stirring
after each addition.
• Add nuts and mix well.
• Simmer until the mixture turns translucent and starts leaving the
• Butter a deep platter and pour the mixture in it and cool to room
• After 1 hour, cut the halwa in squares.
• This yummy delight is ready to be served.