Dal Usal Moong Dal Usal has a distinctive taste and aroma that can make your mouth water.
• ½ cup Moong Dal, washed and drained
• 1 tbsp Fresh or Frozen Coconut
• 4 Green Chilies
• ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1 pinch Asafoetida
• ½ tsp Sugar
• 5 Curry Leaves
• 2 tsp Oil
• Salt, to taste
• Take a pan and pour oil in it. Heat it well.
• Add mustard seeds and when they start to crackle, add curry
leaves, green chilies and asafoetida. Fry for a minute.
• Put moong dal in it and fry for 5 minutes.
• Now, put 2 cups of water in it, along with salt, as per taste.
• Put a lid over the pan and cook till the dal is tender.
• Now, put sugar in it and mix well.
• Garnish the prepared dal with coconut. Serve hot.