• Fry all the ingredients of the masala in a dry frying pan.
• Remove and grind in a food processor. Set aside.
• Heat oil in a frying pan. Splutter cumin seeds.
• Add curry leaves and onion. Fry until golden brown.
• Sprinkle the ground masala and mix well.
• Add vegetables and ginger-garlic paste. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
• Drain the rice completely and add to the pan.
• Fry for another 5 minutes and pour water, along with salt and
• Cover the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until rice turns
• Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves and shredded
• Serve hot.