Maharashtrian Chicken Curry Maharashtrian Chicken Curry is made in Marathi style, with coconut milk.
• 1 kg Chicken pieces
• 2 large Onions, cut into quarters
• 3 tbsp Fresh coconut, grated
• 1 tbsp Garlic paste
• 1 tbsp Ginger paste
• 2 tsp Coriander powder
• 1 tsp Cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Garam masala
• 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
• 1 Cup coconut milk
• 2 Large tomatoes, finely chopped
• 2 Green chilies, slit lengthwise (optional)
• 2 Large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
• Salt to taste
• Chopped fresh coriander, for garnish
• Put chopped onion, coconut powder, ginger, garlic and powdered
spices into a food processor. Grind to a smooth paste.
• Heat oil in a deep pan, on a medium flame.
• Add the paste and fry till the oil begins to separate from the
• Now, add chicken and fry till the pieces turn opaque (whitish).
• Add coconut milk, green chilies, salt and potatoes. Stir well.
• Cook till the chicken and potatoes are done.
• Now add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Turn heat off and gently spoon curry into serving dish.
• Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
• Maharashtrian Chicken Curry is ready.