Mutsch is a spicy & nutritious mutton dish.
• 750 gm Lean minced lamb
• 1 tsp Fresh ginger (grated finely)
• 1 tsp Ground coriander
• 2 Fresh green chilies (finely chopped)
• 1/2 tsp Chili powder
• 2 tsp Garam masala
• 2 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Sugar
• 1/2 Cup yoghurt
• 1 tbsp Khoya or dried milk (if using khoya, it should be
• 3 tbsp Ghee
• 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
• 1/4 tsp Ground cardamom
• Put the lamb into a bowl with ginger, chopped chilies,
chili powder, coriander, 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp salt.
• Add 1 tbsp of the yoghurt to moisten and mix well the spices.
• If the lamb is very lean, little amount of ghee can also be
• When done, take a portion of the prepared meat mixture in hand.
• Make a little long oval shaped roll with the help of gentle
squeeze and toss movements of hand.
• Repeat the procedure with rest of the lamb mixture.
• Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
• Add dried milk, sugar, remaining yoghurt, garam masala & salt.
• Fry the mixture and then add half cup of hot water.
• Bring to boil and then add prepared rolls.
• Cover the pan and simmer until no liquid remains.
• When done, turn the rolls over, add half cup of hot water and
• Reduce the flame and cover the pan. Simmer again until the
liquid is absorbed.
• Sprinkle the dish with cardamom.
• Serve hot with Indian bread and rice.