• Prepare the masala by grinding all the ingredients in a
• Take a large pan and heat oil in it over high flame. Put
asafeotida in it along with spinach and stir.
• Now, add turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt, and baking soda in it
and cook it till all the spinach has wilted.
• Add 2 cups of water in it cook it uncovered for 25 minutes over
a medium high flame. Make sure it is not completely dry.
• Now, turn the heat on low flame and mash the spinach with the
back of spoon. Continue to cook it for another 10 minutes and
water if required.
• Sprinkle the grinded masala on the top, mix and serve hot.