• 1/2 kg Collard Greens or Haak (stalk removed)
• 1 1/2 cup Water
• 1 tsp Mustard Seed Oil
• 1/2 tsp Asafeotida
• 2 Green Chilies (broken into two pieces)
• 2 Dry Red Chilies (broken into two pieces)
• A pinch of Soda
• Salt to taste
• Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
• Once the oil starts to smoke, add water and bring it to boil.
• Add a pinch of soda to water and then put collard greens.
• Stir around the mixture till the haak wilt.
• If required, add more water. Remember that the leaves should
• Add salt and chilies to the mixture.
• Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Let the vegetable cook
for 5 to 7 minutes.
• After due time, release the pressure immediately.
• Haak is ready. Serve it with steamed rice and plain yoghurt.