Chamani Qaliya Chamani Qaliya is a very popular Kashmiri recipe.
• 400 g Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
• 400 ml Milk
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 10 Cloves
• 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
• 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
• 1 tsp Cumin Powder
• ½ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
• 2 tsp Desi Ghee
• 10 g Cumin Seeds
• Mustard Oil, for deep frying
• Salt, to taste
• Take a bowl and then cut the cheese into small cubes.
• Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat the mustard oil in it. Deep
fry the cheese until it turns light brown in color. Remove from
• Now, take another pan and add water in it with turmeric powder.
Make sure that there is enough water to cover the cheese.
• When water has boiled, put cheese cubes in it and simmer it for
• Now, add cloves, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, cumin
powder, asafoetida and milk in the water and let it cook for
another 10 minutes.
• Before serving, heat desi ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds in
it. Pour this mixture over the cheese and serve hot.