Moong Dal Chakli is a popular Gujarati snack.
• 2 Cups rice flour
• 1/2 Cup mung dal paste
• 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
• 2 tsp Oil
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric
• 1 Red chili powder (optional)
• Oil for frying
• Salt to taste
• Water as required
• Cook the moong dal with sufficient water.
• Mash it properly to make paste.
• Take a big bowl and combine together the rice flour, turmeric,
salt, mung dal paste, chili powder, and cumin seeds.
• Heat oil and add it to the rice flour mixture.
• Make stiff dough, add water as needed.
• Knead with hand. Do not use food processor.
• Take small portion of dough and put it in a chakli mould or
icing bag with star nozzle.
• Take oil in a frying pan and heat it.
• Drop a small piece of dough into oil and wait for 3 seconds, if
it does not rise on the top then oil needs to be heated.
• Make a spiral with the chakli mould or icing bag.
• Deep fry it until golden brown.
• Store it in an airtight container when cool.