Recipe Methi Palak Dhoklas are best enjoyed as a breakfast dish or an evening snack.
• 1 cup Black-eyed Beans (chawli)
• ¾ cup Spinach (palak), chopped
• ¾ cup Fenugreek Leaves (methi), chopped
• 2 tbsp Oil
• 1 tbsp Green Chili-Ginger Paste
• 1½ tsp Asafetida (hing)
• 1 tbsp Fruit Salt
• Salt, to taste
• Green Chutney (for serving)
• Wash the beans thoroughly and soak them for at least 6
• Drain the soaked beans.
• Add ¾ cup of water to the beans and blend them in a liquidizer,
so as to form a smooth batter.
• To the paste, add spinach, fenugreek leaves, oil, green
chili-ginger paste, asafetida and salt. Mix the batter well.
• Place a steamer on the gas. When the water starts to boil, add
the fruit salt to the batter and mix.
• Grease 3 thalis and pour the batter in them. Place the thalis
in the steamer and steam for about 10 minutes.
• Serve hot with green chutney.