Ka Dhokla Recipe Makai ka Dhokla is a scrumptious sweet corn & maize flour dish, from Gujarat.
• 1 cup Maize Flour (makai ka atta)
• ½ cup Sour Curd
• ½ cup Sweet Corn Kernels
• 2 tsp Ginger-Green Chili Paste
• ¼ tsp Asafetida (hing)
• 2 tsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Lemon Juice
• 1 tsp Fruit Salt
• 2 tsp Oil
For the Tempering
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (rai)
• 1 tsp Sesame Seeds (til)
• Pinch of Asafetida
• 1 tbsp Oil
For Garnishing • 1 tbsp Coriander, chopped
• In a bowl, mix maize flour and sour curd, along with ½
cup of warm water, well enough to form a smooth batter. Keep the
batter aside for at least 30 minutes.
• To the batter, add in the sweet corn, ginger-chili paste,
asafetida, sugar, lemon juice, and oil. Mix well.
• Now add the fruit salt and mix the preparation gently.
• Grease a 150 mm (6”) diameter thali with oil.
• Pour the prepared batter into the thali and steam it for 15 to
• For the tempering, heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, sesame
seeds and asafetida. Fry them until the seeds start crackling.
• Remove the dhokla from the pot.
• Pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla.
• Use chopped coriander to garnish the dhokla.
• Cut into pieces and serve hot.