• Wash rice and all the lentils (dals). Soak them for
around 4-5 hours. Now, drain the water and keep them aside.
• Using the grinder, make a paste of the rice and lentils and
pour sour curd into it. Mix well.
• Keep the mixture overnight, to let it ferment.
• Now, take a large bowl and put the oil in it. After it gets
hot, add green chili-ginger paste and saute it for a few seconds.
• Add wheat, grated pumpkin, soda bi-carb, chili powder, sugar,
lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder to the pan and mix it well.
• Take a greased thali and pour this batter in it.
• Now, take a saucepan and heat 4 tbsp oil in it, to prepare
• When the oil is hot, put mustard seeds in it and let them
• Now, put asafetida, sesame seeds and ajwain and fry them for a
• When the sesame seeds turn brown, pour the mixture over the
• Bake the dish in a preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes at a
temperature of 200 degree C (400 degree F).
• When the crust turns brown, it means that your handvo is ready