Keri RECIPE Gor Keri is a popular
Gujarati sweet mango pickle.
• 1 kg Raw Mangoes (Kairi) (peeled and cut into cubes)
• 6 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 kg Jaggery (Gur) (grated)
• 200 g Pickle Masala
• 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
• 100 g Split Mustard Seeds (Rai) (lightly roasted)
• 100 g Split Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) (lightly roasted)
• 100 g Split Coriander Seeds (Dhania) (lightly roasted)
• 300 g Red Chilli Powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
• 1/4 cup Oil (smoked and cooled)
• To prepare the pickle masala, take some oil in a wok (kadhai)
and heat it to a smoking point.
• Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
• In a bowl, mix together mustard, coriander and fenugreek seeds
together with turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida and oil
and mix well.
• Store the masala in an airtight jar to be used later.