• Take the flour and sieve it to remove unwanted
particles from it. Add salt and asafoetida.
• Mix melted ghee and water in it and make firm dough. Now, make
20- 30 small balls out of it and keep it aside.
• Prepare stuffing by grinding the peas.
• Now, heat the oil in a saucepan and put asafetida & cumin seeds
in it. Let the seeds crackle.
• Add mashed peas and stir, mixing in a few drops of water.
• Now, cover the pan with a lid and let the mixture cook for some
• When it is cooked, uncover it and let it dry for some time.
• Put the mixture on a plate and let it cool. Add sugar, sesame
seeds, lemon juice, salt, ginger-chilli paste, coriander and
grated coconut to it and mix well.
• Roll out the balls that you had prepared out of the dough into
a 3 inch circle and put one spoon of the stuffing mixture in the
centre of each circle.
• Tenderly fold the circle into semicircle and seal the edges
using a drop of water.
• Decorate the edges of the semicircle using thumb and
• Heat oil in pan and deep fry the stuffed balls in it, until
they become brown in color.
• Serve hot with chutney.